How is the obligation to withhold triggered?
Answer in detail:
The employer is not obligated to withhold support obligations of an employee unless and until it receives a written notice from a court or a child support agency. In addition to other pertinent information, the notice must state:
* The name of the affected employee and the fact that he or she is delinquent in the payment of child support.
* The total amount to be withheld each pay period from the employee's income. (This amount may have to be computed by using the conversion table which should be included with the notice.)
* The Clerk of the court or agency to which the amount withheld must be sent.
* The fact that the withholding must be done until:
(1) further notice is received from the court or a child support agency, or
(2) the employee is terminated.
STATE OF INDIANA - DEPARTMENT OF CHILD SERVICES